It is evident that the famous food chain McDonald’s would associate itself with Apple Pay like many US-based food chains and supermarkets. Yet, there has been much speculation regarding this. Therefore, we are here to answer one of the most frequently asked questions – ‘Does McDonald’s take Apple Pay?’
People also look:
Apple Pay services have been put to use for a very long time but this article will fully focus on answering ‘Does McDonald’s accept Apple Pay?’ The following sections will also include step by step process of How to Apple Pay in Mcdonald’s? and other related vital information. Stick till the end to get some exclusive tips.
Does McDonald’s have Apple Pay?
Yes, back in 2014 McDonald’s declared that it would accept payments from customers via Apple Pay. Majority of Internet users in the US have iPhones which is why Apple Pay has been readily accepted by Mcdonald’s.
McDonald’s is spread over more than 30,000 locations and Apple Pay is accepted in all these locations, in the US and beyond. The chain has been one of Apple Pay’s early adopters in the market. As of the latest updates, McDonald’s is accepting only those Visa Debit or Credit cards that are linked to the customer’s Apple Pay wallet.
Can I use McDonald’s Apple Pay from my iPhone?
Yes, Apple Pay is meant for Apple users, which means if you want to pay McDonald’s using Apple Pay, you must own an iPhone.
Can I use McDonald’s Apple Pay from Apple Watch?
Yes, Apple Watch users can also use Apple Pay as their payment option in McDonald’s. But they need to set up their devices first.
The next section will guide you on how to link your Apple device with Apple Pay.
How to Set Up Apple Pay on iPhone and Apple Watch?
Follow these few simple steps in order to get your Apple device ready for making payments to Mcdonald’s through Apple Pay: –
- Step 1 – Go to your device Settings and find the option ‘Wallet & Apple Pay.’ Click on it.
- Step 2 – You’ll be displayed with the “Add Card” option.
- Step 3 – You need to select the payment type.
- Step 4 – Add Credit Card or Debit Card to your Apple Wallet. Enter all the details.
- Step 5 – The card verification will be done only when you agree with the terms and conditions put forward by Apple Pay.
- Step 6 – After the verification, the confirmation page will appear which means you are now ready to use Apple Pay on your device.
How to use McDonald’s Apple Pay in-store?
We’ve answered your question ‘Does McDonald’s take Apple Pay?’ Now, here comes the most significant part. McDonald’s uses NFC card reader which enables communication between your Apple Pay account and McDonald’s.
Often, new or inexperienced customers of Apple Pay find it difficult to figure out a way of paying at the McDonald’s counter. This is where the following steps become your sole guide: –
- Walk up to the cashier counter and inform him that you will be paying through Apple Pay.
- Meanwhile, open Apple Pay Wallet on your iPhone.
- Use the NFC card reader which acts as the primary contactless payment terminal. Hold your device steadily within a range of a few inches of the card reader. In case you are using an Apple Watch, you need to hold your watch on point till you hear the card reader emit an approval sound and show a green tick mark.
- Before finalizing the payment, you will be asked a few questions to confirm your identity. You might be asked to say your identification document number
- Within a few seconds, the payment will proceed and the linked debit or credit card will be billed.
Some other options to pay in McDonald’s using Apple Pay: –
- iPhone Face ID – All you have to do is to double-click the side button on your phone and confirm your identity by showing your face to the Apple Pay Wallet. On bringing your device close to the NFC reader, the payment will be confirmed.
- iPhone Touch ID – The procedure remains the same as prior except that this time instead of your face, you need to put your fingerprint.
See? It’s really that easy to use Apple Pay when you are inside McDonald’s. Now, what if you are ordering online through the McDonald’s mobile app or using their drive-thru services? We’ve you covered on that as well.
Does McDonald’s take Apple Pay on its mobile app?
Don’t worry! Mcdonald’s mobile app accepts Apple Pay as a form of payment. If you wish to pay using Apple Pay for your online order, follow these steps below: –
- Have the McDonald’s Mobile app downloaded on your device and sign in.
- Choose the nearest McDonald’s location from which you wish to receive your order.
- Select all the items for your cart.
- Enter the Delivery time and the address.
- Continue with the payment process.
- Choose “Apple Pay” as your payment method from the list of options given.
- Enter the required details and you are done.
Does McDonald’s Accept Apple Pay at drive-thr?
Absolutely yes! The process remains the same as stated for the in-store payment. Ask the Executive for the Card reader and follow the same steps. Use either your passcode, face ID or touch Id to pay.
Do I have to pay extra for using McDonald’s Apple Pay?
No, you do not have to pay any extra charges to Apple Pay for using its services to pay at McDonald’s. However, certain charges might be imposed by the Bank for the card associated with your Apple Pay account.
We hope we have been able to answer all your queries regarding ‘‘Does McDonald’s take Apple Pay?’ In case you face any difficulty while paying, go through the Apple Support Page. We’ll keep you updated on many such important topics.