There are very few retailers who refrain from accepting Apple Pay as a payment mode. CVS is one retail giant that we need to talk about. CVS Apple Pay has been a part of discussion since a considerable period of time owing to the fact that earlier CVS had launched CVS Pay. This article will answer all your doubts regarding ‘Does CVS take Apple Pay?’
People also read:
In order to learn more about CVS Apple pay, stick till the end of the article. We would be stating about the ways in which you can pay through Apple Pay in CVS and also some other valuable facts.
Does CVS have Apple Pay?
Yes, CVS accepts Apple pay as a payment option. Initially when Apple pay was launched in 2014, CVS did not agree to accept any NFC payment terminals and hence they rejected Apple Pay. However, soon they decided to accept Apple pay as a payment method. Presently, CVS does have Apple Pay.
How to Set Up CVS Apple Pay?
There are a few simple steps that you have to follow in order to make payments to CVS using Apple Pay.
- Step 1: Download Apple Pay on your device if not already installed.
- Step 2: Find “Wallet & Apple Pay” from device settings.
- Step 3: Click on “Add Card” and select the payment type.
- Step 4: Add credit or debit card to your Apple Pay Wallet by entering all the required details carefully.
- Step 5: Agree with the terms and conditions to complete the card verification process.
- Step 6: Your Apple Pay account will be set up only when the confirmation page appears.
On successful completion of these steps, you will be easy to check out from CVS using Apple Pay as a payment method. Now a detailed step by step process has been stated below to guide you through the payment process at CVS.
How to Pay at CVS using Apple Pay?
The steps remain almost the same as followed by other retailers.
- At the checkout counter, open the Apple Pay app on your device.
- You’ll find the NFC reader in the counter or you may ask the CVS clerk to provide you with one.
- Use the contactless payment terminal by holding your device steadily in front of the reader within a range of a few inches.
- The authorization will have to be confirmed only after verification through Touch ID, Face ID or PIN.
- As soon as your identity is confirmed, the amount will be automatically deducted from your Apple Pay Wallet.
CVS Apple Pay is mainly a self-checkout service that is easy to use and makes the payment process speedy. Just with a few clicks, within a few seconds the payment is done.
Does CVS take Apple Pay Online?
No, CVS does not accept Apple Pay for online payments. Instead, you may try using Visa Cards, American Express, PayPal, etc.
Can I use Apple Pay in the CVS App?
Unfortunately, no. The CVS App has not yet included Apple Pay on its options for check out. But here’s a trick. You can buy an eGift card using Apple Pay and then add it to the card sections in CVS app. This way you can easily pay at CVS Pharmacy.
Can I use CVS Apple Pay from my iPhone?
Yes absolutely. Apple pay is meant for Apple users and therefore, anyone with an iPhone can easily set up their Apple pay wallet and use it to pay after shopping from CVS.
Can I use CVS Apple Pay from Apple Watch?
Again yes. Both iPhone and Apple Watch users can have Apple Pay Wallet set up on their devices and use it for payment to CVS.
Now, after knowing ‘Does CVS accept Apple pay?’, it’s time that you also know how to set up Apple Pay on your device.
Does CVS take Apple Pay Cashback?
Yes, you are eligible for cashback if you use a Discover Card. A Discover Card lets you get up to $120 per day. But CVS has set a limit on the cashback amount. It lets you have $35 only.
Also, if you are making payment through Apple Pay using the Discover Cashback Debit Card, you can receive 1% cashback each time. Use the Discover Card at the checkout counter and you will receive your cashback.
Do I have to pay extra for using CVS Apple Pay?
No, you do not have to pay any extra charges to Apple Pay at CVS. However, certain charges might be imposed by the Bank for the card associated with your Apple Pay account.
CVS is a growing retail brand and makes the best use of Apple Pay. Customers find it easier to pay through their Apple Pay Wallet rather than other payment options. We hope you gained valuable information about ‘Does CVS take Apple Pay?’ return for more.